Khemrys (
homeless_pard) wrote2026-06-30 12:53 am
Entry tags:
A silly moment
Who: Jason and Khemrys
When: Several months after the twins are born.
What: SERIOUS STUDY I SWEAR!
Khemrys sighed, stretching tiredly as she finished wiping down the counter. Her lovely husband did dishes after meals but she preferred not to leave a mess beforehand! Still, having twins on not-quite-synchronized sleep schedules was tiring to say the least. Any moment not working or handling the children was when her body liked to remind her that sleep was a thing it enjoyed.
Bah.
"Love?"
"Kirion just went down," Jason chuckled warmly. "We have an hour or so before Irias wakes up I think?" Maybe? Hopefully?
"Oh! Well, eat!" she laughed, pulling out a chair for him.
"You too," he snorted, tugging her into his lap to share the meal with her. "So...what are you doing after dinner?" he teased, nibbling her neck instead of the bit of steak on the fork.
Honestly she kind of adored the warm static that filled her when he did such things. Gentle, warm, affection was just as addicting as anything hotter to her. She didn't always need, or want, a great romance. Rather the small gestures could make her puddle as surely as any other thing in existence! "Mmmmm, maybe laundry?"
Jason laughed, teeth teasing a moment before he was innocently eating his share of the plate, "ah, so nothing pressing..."
What? She shifted just enough to give him a suspicious glance but..."it could be delayed," she admitted. A few hours until Jason left to his own duties at least? Still, suspicious eye narrowing! The problem with her love being he was so very good at looking innocent. It was that smile alongside his looks and golden hair. In the right light, if she had any actual understanding of Christianity, some would call angelic.
She just called him love.
"I need your help," he smiled.
"Help?"
"I have homework!"
What? She glanced around the house, obviously confused?
Jason laughed, kissing her temple gently, "an assignment to study, that's what I meant."
Study? She blinked, considering that, "not for the High Lord?!" she blushed.
He stared at her then burst out laughing at the red bleeding across her skin, "no, his lessons are usually immediate..." oh he was going to have so much fun telling Jean Claude about that! It was hilarious! "No no no, from Herrel."
From Herrel? Jason's ersatz parents had visited a week ago to meet the children and now he had an assignment? "I will aid as I'm able," she promised.
"Good!" He laughed, kissing her, "are you done eating?" Clock was ticking until kid squalling time!
"...yes?"
He grinned and scooped her up, then tossed her to the couch, "stay there a moment!"
"WHAT?" she bounced a moment then curled against the far end as he darted down the hallway. What?!
"Back! Okay..." he grinned, waving a small, leather bound book at her with a box tucked under his arm, "now...um..."
"Um?" she blinked wide eyes at him from her curl at the end of the couch.
Damn, tousled always looked so good on her. He bit his lip a moment, took a deep breath, then tugged her over to kiss her deeply. "Damn I want to do anything else right now," he growled, nipping her lip." Anything else...but.
BUT.
Feh. He shifted, settling her gently on the floor between his knees, pulling her braid into his lap. He loved every aspect of her honestly, but the warm, heavy weight of her braid coiling across his lap was like a living thing; all herby cat scented and like sifting a contented snake through his hands. Worse, she tilted her head back on his knee, eyes starting to bubble gold through the grey like expensive champagne. Gods there were so many other thing he could picture right now and he must have made some small, strangled whine because she looked worried?
Damn it. "I'm fine, it's fine, you're gorgeous I'm fine..." he chuckled breathily. "So, we have kids now..."
"...yes?" she blinked.
"Herrel gave me a copy of his hairstyling notes having raised a little girl and suggest I study it? And some notes for boy styles too but I'm starting at the girl chapter..." he admitted wryly. "I'm sorry if it gets weird!"
She laughed, kissing his knee, "ah, I am for practicing on?"
"...yeah."
"I see, do please continue," she snickered, relaxing as he combed out her braid and carefully separated swaths to try different styles on. She had a lot of hair to work with after all. Having her puddle against his legs as he combed and braided and played was just a bonus right?
A long, warm bonus...until there was whimpering from back in the baby room and Jason shifted and...winced, "um...I think I'm stuck. How did I...?"
Stuck? She blinked, shifting her head forward carefully. Oh no, that was indeed a tight pull wasn't it? "Oh dear."
"Your world even has trap hairstyles," he growled, staring balefully at his fingers.
"Quick, lift your hand carefully if you can let me catch a glimpse!" she laughed. "Fast, she's waking up!"
"Don't rush me it'll get worse!" he yelped, trying not to giggle helplessly amidst the bows and ties he'd puled from the box and used elsewhere. "Saaaave me!" Oh, though, "If it comes to surgery I lose fingers you keep your hair! I love your hair!"
"Silly man my Jason," she snorted, feeling things out. "But I do love you."
When: Several months after the twins are born.
What: SERIOUS STUDY I SWEAR!
Khemrys sighed, stretching tiredly as she finished wiping down the counter. Her lovely husband did dishes after meals but she preferred not to leave a mess beforehand! Still, having twins on not-quite-synchronized sleep schedules was tiring to say the least. Any moment not working or handling the children was when her body liked to remind her that sleep was a thing it enjoyed.
Bah.
"Love?"
"Kirion just went down," Jason chuckled warmly. "We have an hour or so before Irias wakes up I think?" Maybe? Hopefully?
"Oh! Well, eat!" she laughed, pulling out a chair for him.
"You too," he snorted, tugging her into his lap to share the meal with her. "So...what are you doing after dinner?" he teased, nibbling her neck instead of the bit of steak on the fork.
Honestly she kind of adored the warm static that filled her when he did such things. Gentle, warm, affection was just as addicting as anything hotter to her. She didn't always need, or want, a great romance. Rather the small gestures could make her puddle as surely as any other thing in existence! "Mmmmm, maybe laundry?"
Jason laughed, teeth teasing a moment before he was innocently eating his share of the plate, "ah, so nothing pressing..."
What? She shifted just enough to give him a suspicious glance but..."it could be delayed," she admitted. A few hours until Jason left to his own duties at least? Still, suspicious eye narrowing! The problem with her love being he was so very good at looking innocent. It was that smile alongside his looks and golden hair. In the right light, if she had any actual understanding of Christianity, some would call angelic.
She just called him love.
"I need your help," he smiled.
"Help?"
"I have homework!"
What? She glanced around the house, obviously confused?
Jason laughed, kissing her temple gently, "an assignment to study, that's what I meant."
Study? She blinked, considering that, "not for the High Lord?!" she blushed.
He stared at her then burst out laughing at the red bleeding across her skin, "no, his lessons are usually immediate..." oh he was going to have so much fun telling Jean Claude about that! It was hilarious! "No no no, from Herrel."
From Herrel? Jason's ersatz parents had visited a week ago to meet the children and now he had an assignment? "I will aid as I'm able," she promised.
"Good!" He laughed, kissing her, "are you done eating?" Clock was ticking until kid squalling time!
"...yes?"
He grinned and scooped her up, then tossed her to the couch, "stay there a moment!"
"WHAT?" she bounced a moment then curled against the far end as he darted down the hallway. What?!
"Back! Okay..." he grinned, waving a small, leather bound book at her with a box tucked under his arm, "now...um..."
"Um?" she blinked wide eyes at him from her curl at the end of the couch.
Damn, tousled always looked so good on her. He bit his lip a moment, took a deep breath, then tugged her over to kiss her deeply. "Damn I want to do anything else right now," he growled, nipping her lip." Anything else...but.
BUT.
Feh. He shifted, settling her gently on the floor between his knees, pulling her braid into his lap. He loved every aspect of her honestly, but the warm, heavy weight of her braid coiling across his lap was like a living thing; all herby cat scented and like sifting a contented snake through his hands. Worse, she tilted her head back on his knee, eyes starting to bubble gold through the grey like expensive champagne. Gods there were so many other thing he could picture right now and he must have made some small, strangled whine because she looked worried?
Damn it. "I'm fine, it's fine, you're gorgeous I'm fine..." he chuckled breathily. "So, we have kids now..."
"...yes?" she blinked.
"Herrel gave me a copy of his hairstyling notes having raised a little girl and suggest I study it? And some notes for boy styles too but I'm starting at the girl chapter..." he admitted wryly. "I'm sorry if it gets weird!"
She laughed, kissing his knee, "ah, I am for practicing on?"
"...yeah."
"I see, do please continue," she snickered, relaxing as he combed out her braid and carefully separated swaths to try different styles on. She had a lot of hair to work with after all. Having her puddle against his legs as he combed and braided and played was just a bonus right?
A long, warm bonus...until there was whimpering from back in the baby room and Jason shifted and...winced, "um...I think I'm stuck. How did I...?"
Stuck? She blinked, shifting her head forward carefully. Oh no, that was indeed a tight pull wasn't it? "Oh dear."
"Your world even has trap hairstyles," he growled, staring balefully at his fingers.
"Quick, lift your hand carefully if you can let me catch a glimpse!" she laughed. "Fast, she's waking up!"
"Don't rush me it'll get worse!" he yelped, trying not to giggle helplessly amidst the bows and ties he'd puled from the box and used elsewhere. "Saaaave me!" Oh, though, "If it comes to surgery I lose fingers you keep your hair! I love your hair!"
"Silly man my Jason," she snorted, feeling things out. "But I do love you."
